Home  |   Contact Us

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions / Child Support

I want to change child legal decision making (formerly custody)/child support. What do I have to do?

A: You can go to the Self Service Center to obtain forms and information on how to modify your current legal decision making and or support order.

Where do I go to get help re: child support matters - I cannot afford an attorney?

A: The Self Service Center has forms that can assist you through the filing process. Self Service Center staff cannot provide legal advice; however, they can direct you to a lawyer roster located within the center that includes attorney names, fees and services offered. They may also be able to direct you to community resources within your area that can provide assistance.

Questions / Restitution

I am not getting any payments of restitution that the court ordered to be paid to me through the Clerk’s Office. What can I do?

A: You should consult an attorney, who will give you the necessary information and direction to file a civil suit, pursue the payers probation officer (if on probation), or suggest other avenues that are available. The Clerk’s Office only records the filings, receives payments, sends checks to recipients, and maintains filings. These are also available to the public and the Clerk is there to assist in viewing/copying public records. For further information regarding restitution, please call CFO Criminal Financial Obligations (602)37-CLERK, or (602)372-5375.

Questions / Support Services

What is the Arizona Electronic Payment Card?

A: The new Arizona Electronic Payment Card (EPC) is safer and more convenient than paper checks. With the Arizona Electronic Payment Card, you can access your cash 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and retail Point-of-Sale terminals throughout Arizona and across the country.

Use the Card at ATMs

You can use the EPC to withdraw cash in local currency at all Bank of America ATM’s in Arizona and across the country without a fee.

Use the Card at Retail Locations

You can use the EPC anywhere that accepts Visa debit cards, including grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, and more.

Customer Service

For customer service call 1-855-847-2030 or visit the website at www.bankofamerica.com/azdesEPC. If you would like to sign-up for the Electronic Payment Card place contact your local Department of Child Support Enforcement Office.

Authorization Form

To obtain an authorization form for the Electronic Payment Card and Direct Deposit form, please click here.

Do I have to come downtown to obtain a pay history of payments that were ordered to be paid to the Clerk then sent to me?

A: No. To obtain an Official Payment History, you may either come to either of these Clerk's Office in person at 201 W. Jefferson St. in Phoenix, 222 E. Javelina Avenue in Mesa, 18380 N. 40th St., Suite 120 in Phoenix, 14264 W. Tierra Buena Lane in Surprise. Please click here for information on alternative ways to obtain a payment history.

How do I sign up for the Direct Deposit?

A: You may call Family Support Service s at (602)37-CLERK, or (602)372-5375 or visit the website at http://familysupportcenter.maricopa.gov/supportservices/directdeposit.asp.

How do I get an ATLAS number?

A: You may call Family Support Service s at (602)37-CLERK, or (602)372-5375.

What must I do to change my address with you?

A: Visit the website at http://familysupportcenter.maricopa.gov/supportservices/directdeposit.asp.

When was my last support payment?; When will my next payment be posted?; Why does my payment take so long to process?

A: You may call Family Support Service s at (602)37-CLERK, or (602)372-5375 or you can call the automated number at 602-506-1900 to check the last payment (you will need your ATLAS number and zip code).

©   Clerk of the Superior Court, Maricopa County For questions or comments, please visit our Contact page.